Bitter Melon is an excellent detoxifier.
It is additionally known for its active component: Charantin. Numerous studies are being conducted to study the effects of Charantin in maintaining healthy Blood Sugar Levels. Our Juice being a pure juice of Bitter Melon contains the whole spectrum profile of the fruit. This is far superior in use and efficacy to any other form of Bitter Melon (compared to capsules - which either are dried, contain standardized extracts, or powders which are hard to tell the purity due to difficulty in tasting, or tablets which can contain numerous excipients).
What main benefits is Karela Juice known for?
- Bitter gourd or Karela is a seasonal vegetable and is very bitter in taste.
- Rich source of phosphorus.
- Supports natural detoxification of blood, supports liver and pancreatic health and maintains normal blood sugar levels.
Recommended use: Simply add one 30ml shot of Karela Juice to water, stir, and consume twice a day.
Karela Juice FAQ:
1. Is this juice bitter?
True to its name, Bitter Melon Juice indeed does have a bitter taste. Our Karela Juice is a testament to the purity of this juice as the juice out of bottle will taste as close to freshly squeezed Bitter Melon Juice at your own home - without any of the work or mess. In our commitment to come as little as possible in the way of the natural taste, efficacy and wonders of the natural world we do not do anything to alter the actual taste of the fruits / juices that we manufacture.
If you are of our true herbal connoisseurs, you could take a shot of this juice directly. To make it milder in taste, you can add it to a glass of room temperature water (30 ml mixed in a glass of water), Or you could mix it with a smoothie or another juice to mask the flavor however you like while getting the nutritional benefits.
2. What is the best way to consume this juice?
If you are one of our true herbal connoisseurs, you could take a shot of this juice directly. To make it milder in taste, you can add it to a glass of room temperature water (30 ml mixed in a glass of water), Or you could mix it with a smoothie or another juice to mask the flavor however you like while getting the nutritional benefits.
3. Do I need to refrigerate this juice?
All Vedic Juices are shelf stable and room temperature till the seal is broken. Once the seal has been broken the juice must be refrigerated (not frozen) and consumed daily till the juice is finished.
4. Does the juice go bad after the marked consumption period?
This is not an exact science as the temperatures can vary in each case resulting in different times. The suggested date is taking worst case scenarios into account. In most cases the juice will continue to be consumable for many days after but to be completely safe it is best to consume the juice as soon as possible. Treat this juice the same way you would treat store bought milk.
5. How do I know there is something wrong with the juice?
Stop consumption immediately if you notice the following signs:
- The bottle seems puffed. When the cap is opened it seems like air escapes the bottle.
- The juice smells foul.
- There is unseen growth either above or inside the juice. Inspect the content before the seal is broken and use this as a measure to check if you suspect the juice has gone bad.
- The juice seems curdled. Note some juices contain "pulp" or "fiber" so it is best to notice if there has been change from the time the seal was initially broken.
6. Can I freeze this juice?
Freezing would certainly prolong the spoil date of this juice but we have not done any tests yet to get a confirmation of this. Please use your best judgement while trying this method.
7. Why do I see Malic acid listed on the label?
Malic acid is the only preservative added to our Organic Juice range. This is an Eco Cert-approved preservative in natural beverages. This preservative is gentle and is derived from Apples lending a slightly sweet taste to the juice. Our only reason for adding this is to ensure safety of the juice during transit.